Welcome to Philcon!
Join us for the 76th anniversary of the world's first and longest-running conference on science fiction, fantasy, and horror!
Started in 1936, Philcon features cutting-edge programming about literature, art, television, film, anime, comics, science, gaming, costuming and cosplay, music, and other topics of interest to fans of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. We will also have many other attractions, such as our awesome Art Show and Auction; a Vendors' Room full of unique merchandise; a full slate of Children's/Family programming; our Writer's Workshop (featuring professional authors and editors); Concerts; the Time Traveler's Masquerade Ball, our Masquerade/Costume Competition, and more!
Guests of Honor
|Artist Guest of Honor
|Fan Guest of Honor
2012-11-08 10:30 AM - Hotel Update
There is gasoline available in the area of the Philcon Hotel. If you are traveling from north or east of New York City, you should probably fill up your tank before passing through the New York City area: there are gas stations open, but there may be some which are not open. You may be able to find out which gas stations are open (and the price of the gas) at www.gasbuddy.com
2012-11-05 2:00 PM - Programming Schedules
Philcon 2012 programming schedules are now available! Visit the "Programming Schedules" page under the "Programming" menu.
2012-11-05 1:30 PM - Hurricane & Hotel Update
Philcon is going ahead "full-steam" despite the best efforts of Hurricane Sandy. There was no damage to the hotel and it has full power.
There is no problem getting gasoline near the Philcon hotel. As of the Sunday before Philcon, there are still problems getting gasoline in New Jersey north of I-195, i.e., north of Trenton. News reports suggest this problem will be resolved before Philcon.
Ten Things to Enjoy at Philcon
- Presentations by award-winning author Catherynne Valente.
- Meet the artist behind Girl Genius, Hugo award-winning Phil Foglio.
- A diverse program, examining such topics as literature and publishing, art, mass media, popular culture, gaming, science, costuming and cosplay.
- Our track of anime programming, with sponsorship by our friends at Zenkaikon!
- Our Costume Ball, where you can dance the night away with other fans in your favorite fashions from your favorite era... real or imagined!
- Philcon's famous Masquerade, where costumers from all over present their creations for you.
- An area for open gaming, where you can enjoy your favorite war-games, board and card games, as well as RPGs, with other gamers.
- Meet with professional authors, artists and others from the worlds of science fiction, fantasy and horror.
- Find out about new writers, books, shows, movies, and events, and share your finds with other fans.
- A diverse track of children and family programming, where the young and young at heart can explore their inner creativity